28 Sep 2021
(Updated 28 September 2021, edited 13 October 2021)
Phuket Sandbox Program (Valid until 31 October 2021)
The Royal Thai Embassy in Madrid would like to provide information for those who wish to enter Thailand through Phuket Sandbox Program, as follows:
Starting from 1 October 2021, travellers arriving in Phuket for the Phuket Sandbox Program must stay in Phuket for no less than 7 days before travelling to other parts of Thailand. Those planning to travel within Phuket for less than 7 days can do so, but will have to depart from Phuket to other countries.
Eligible travellers must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 no less than 14 days before departure.
Travellers must obtain a Certificate of Entry (COE) before travelling to Phuket, by applying for Phuket Sandbox category at https://coethailand.mfa.go.th.
Required documents for a COE for both Thai and Non-Thai travellers:
**A COVID-19 recovery document with one dose of vaccine (which requires two doses) is not recognized by the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand**
Types of vaccine that are accepted include:
Vaccines registered with the Food and Drugs Administration of Thailand
(1) CoronaVac by Sinovac (2 doses needed)
(2) AstraZeneca by AstraZeneca & Oxford University / SK BIOSCIENCE (Korea) / Siam Bioscience / Serum Institute of India (2 doses needed)
(3) Pfizer-BioNTECH COVID-19 vaccine / Comirnaty by Pfizer-BioNTECH (2 doses needed)
(4) Janssen by Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc. (1 dose needed)
(5) Moderna by Moderna Inc. (2 doses needed)
(6) Sinopharm Vaccine / COVILO by Sinopharm Co., Ltd. (2 doses needed)
Vaccine recognized by the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand for the purpose of travelling into Thailand only:
(7) SputnikV (Gamaleya Research Institute of Epidemiology and Microbiology)
**All travellers must get a COVID-19 test (RT-PCR only) 72 hours before departure to Thailand, with a negative result.**