28 Sep 2021
(Updated 28 September 2021, edited 13 October 2021)
Alternative Quarantine (AQ)
The Royal Thai Embassy in Madrid would like to provide information for those who wish to enter Thailand through the Alternative Quarantine (AQ), as follows:
Starting from 1 October 2021, travellers arriving in Bangkok or Phuket for the AQ Program must stay in the quarantine for a duration of:
(1) 7 days - if fully vaccinated against COVID-19 no less than 14 days before departure, or
(2) 10 days - if not fully vaccinated before departure.
Travellers must obtain a Certificate of Entry (COE) before travelling to Thailand, by applying for Alternative Quarantine (AQ) category at https://coethailand.mfa.go.th.
Required documents for a COE for Thai and Non-Thai travellers:
**A COVID-19 recovery document with one dose of vaccine (which requires two doses) is not recognized by the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand.**
Types of vaccine that are accepted include:
Vaccines registered with the Food and Drugs Administration of Thailand
(1) CoronaVac by Sinovac (2 doses needed)
(2) AstraZeneca by AstraZeneca & Oxford University / SK BIOSCIENCE (Korea) / Siam Bioscience / Serum Institute of India (2 doses needed)
(3) Pfizer-BioNTECH COVID-19 vaccine / Comirnaty by Pfizer-BioNTECH (2 doses needed)
(4) Janssen by Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc. (1 dose needed)
(5) Moderna by Moderna Inc. (2 doses needed)
(6) Sinopharm Vaccine / COVILO by Sinopharm Co., Ltd. (2 doses needed)
Vaccine recognized by the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand for the purpose of travelling into Thailand only:
(7) SputnikV (Gamaleya Research Institute of Epidemiology and Microbiology)
**COVID-19 test requirement before travelling to Thailand**
- Non-Thai travellers must get a COVID-19 test (RT-PCR only) 72 hours before departure, with a negative result.
- Thai travellers may get a COVID-19 test before departure, if required by the airlines. Please check with the airlines before travelling.