16 Jul 2021
The Royal Thai Embassy in Madrid would like to provide information for those who wish to enter Thailand through “Samui Plus Sandbox” program, as follows:
Thais and foreign nationals are eligible to join the Samui Plus Sandbox starting 15 July 2021. The “Samui Plus Sandbox” is a separate travel program from “Phuket Sandbox” and requires different travel arrangements.
Travellers may enter Samui Island by direct flights, once available, or transfer in Bangkok (Suvarnabhumi International Airport – BKK), going through disease control and immigration before flying to Samui. At Samui Airport, passengers will undergo temperature check and are obliged to install “Mor Chana” and "Thailand Plus" mobile applications, which will they will have to use while travelling in Thailand.
On the first day upon arrival in Samui, all travellers are required to take the first COVID-19 test at the hotel and to wait for the test result in the hotel room. If the result is negative, they can leave the hotel room for designated areas in the hotel during from Day 1 to Day 3. From Day 4 to Day 7, they can travel within designated routes (sealed route), and are required to take the second COVID-19 test on Day 6 or Day 7. During Day 8-14, travellers can move to an SHA+ hotel (if they wish to change hotel) and will have to take the third COVID-19 test on Day 12 or Day 13, at a designated hospital. If the test result is negative, they can travel within Ko Samui, Ko Pha-ngan and Ko Tao, while keeping “Mor Chana” / "Thailand Plus" applications on at all time.
1. Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a vaccine approved by Thai FDA/Thai Ministry of Public Health/ WHO no less than 14 days before departure. Children under the age of 18 travelling with their parents are eligible without proof of vaccination.
2. Must get a COVID-19 test (RT-PCR only) 72 hours before departure to Thailand, with a negative result.
3. Must have stayed in one of the listed countries/territories, including Spain, for at least 21 days before departure for Thailand. The list of countries/territories will be updated from time to time, so please consult website: www.tatnews.org/2021/07/samui-plus-faqs
4. Must have health insurance with minimum coverage of 100,000 USD and cover COVID-19 treatment in Thailand. (More information http://covid19.tgia.org)
5. Must have a paid Samui Extra+ hotel confirmation for the first 7 days and SHA+ hotel confirmation for the next 7 days, or Samui Extra+ for all 14 days. Hotels without Samui Extra+ / SHA+ standard are not allowed for Samui Plus Sandbox. The Samui Extra+ hotel list can be found in photos attached, and the SHA+ hotel list at https://es.shathailand.com/kohsamui
6. Must obtain a payment proof for COVID-19 testings.
7. Must reserve transfer flights from Bangkok Suvarnabhumi International Airport (BKK) to Samui (exclusively for Samui Plus Sandbox) by Bangkok Airways (available daily)
Bangkok – Samui bound
(1) PG 5125 departure time 10.05 hrs.
(2) PG 5151 departure time 14.35 hrs.
(3) PG 5171 departure time 17.10 hrs.
Samui – Bangkok bound
(1) PG 5126 departure time 12.15 hrs.
(2) PG 5152 departure time 16.45 hrs.
(3) PG 5172 departure time 19.20 hrs.
**Remarks: These special flights are reserved for the international transfer passengers with inbound/outbound connection to/from Bangkok only. As such, the reservation and tickets for these flights are allowed when in conjunction with international flights only.
8. Must obtain a Certificate of Entry (COE) in advance from Royal Thai Embassy/Royal Thai Consulate General before their departure to Thailand.
Applying for COE
by choosing Samui Plus Sandbox category.
Documents required for COE issuance
1. A valid passport and visa (if needed)
2. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
3. COVID-19 health insurance with minimum coverage of 100,000 USD
4. Air tickets
5. Proof of payment of hotel confirmation
6. Proof of payment of COVID-19 testings