15 Jul 2021
The Royal Thai Embassy in Madrid would like to provide information for those who wish to enter Thailand through Phuket Sandbox program, as follows:
Thais and foreign nationals are eligible to join the Phuket Sandbox program. The travellers must stay in Phuket for 14 days before travelling to other parts of Thailand. Those planning to travel within Phuket for less than 14 days can do so, but will have to depart from Phuket to other countries.
1. Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a vaccine approved by Thai FDA/Thai Ministry of Public Health/ WHO no less than 14 days before departure. Children under the age of 18 and are travelling with parents are eligible without proof of vaccination.
2. Must have health insurance with minimum coverage of 100,000 USD and cover COVID-19 treatment in Thailand.
3. Air tickets to Phuket from listed countries/territories (68 countries/territories including Spain, as of 6 July 2021). Domestic transit in Thailand from an international flight to Phuket is not allowed. Travellers must have stayed in the listed countries/territories for at least 21 days before departure for Thailand. (not required for those with residence in Thailand)
4. Must have a paid SHA+ hotel reservation confirmation (SHABA Certificate) throughout 14 days. (Hotels without SHA+ standard are not allowed for Phuket Sandbox. The hotel list can be found at https://entrythailand.go.th/asq)
5. Must obtain payment proof for COVID-19 testings in Phuket.
6. Must obtain a Certificate of Entry (COE) before departure.
Applying for COE
by choosing Phuket Sandbox category.
Documents required for COE issuance
1. A valid passport and visa (if needed)
2. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
3. COVID-19 health insurance with minimum coverage of 100,000 USD
4. Air tickets
5. SHA+ hotel reservation (SHABA Certificate)
6. Proof of payment of COVID-19 testings while in Phuket Sandbox
**Travellers must get a COVID-19 test (RT-PCR only) 72 hours before departure, with a negative result.**